Preparing RF Engineers for Communication, Imaging and Sensing (PRECISE) is a paid summer internship program for undergraduate students jointly supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the Department of Defense at the Florid International University, Miami, FL.
Radio frequency (RF) technologies in microwave, millimeter-wave and terahertz frequency bands has ubiquitous presence in modern electronics. Wireless communication has enabled game-changing technology through LTE and 5G campaign, which is ultimately responsible for modern internet, big-data and cloud computing boom. Smart electronics, Internet of Things (IoT), wearable technology, all critically rely on continuous innovations in this area. PRECISE REU site provides research experience to undergraduate students through summer research projects mentored by faculty participants at FIU. The program also includes research seminars given by our faculty and researchers and engineers from our industrial partners as well as professional development activities to help students acquire critical soft skills and to help in graduate school applications.
What are the benefits?
- $4500 research stipend.
- Round-trip travel stipend of up to $500 (For students living outside of the Miami area)*
- Full support for housing at FIU dorms and meals
- Professional development programs*
Who is eligible?
- Students must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Residents
- Women, members of under-represented minority populations, and students from institutions that do not have strong STEM research programs are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing
- Have completed at least two semesters of college
- Participants may NOT take courses during the summer program
Students may apply for research opportunities in any of the following STEM disciplines: Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering (Aerospace, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical), Information Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Systems Science.
Application Deadline: February 12, 2023
Notification of Acceptance: March 15, 2023