Virtual Breakout Sessions
The Louis Stokes Midwest Regional Center of Excellence (LSMRCE) conference, “Empowering Diverse STEM Innovators,” will be held virtually Oct 22-24, 2021.
Call for Proposals
We are currently accepting proposals for sessions that are rooted in the conference themes. The audience is higher education faculty, administrators, and mentors in the STEM/broadening participation community.
- Sessions are 45 minutes in length and focus on a current issue within the conference themes.
- Sessions will be presented virtually through WHOVA and recorded for post-event viewing.
- Each session will have a moderator to assist with technology and participant interactions.
- Sessions allow for interactive polls, breakout rooms, file sharing, and discussion boards. We encourage presenters to take advantage of these features to engage with participants.
- Sessions should include supplemental resources or tools for participants to use after the conference.
We encourage all submissions to include at least one of the following conference themes in the context of broadening participation of underrepresented minorities in STEM.
- Engaging digital learners
- Equity in STEM
- Growth mindset mentoring
- Deepening STEM identity
- Expanding professional networks
- Proposal deadline is July 1, 2021. Early submission is encouraged. Submission window will close once all the slots are full.
- Presenters will be notified no later than Sept 1 via email.
What do presenters receive?
Presenters and co-presenters receive complimentary conference registration ($150 value).
Session abstracts must be submitted by July 1, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET by clicking the button below.
Click here to submit